FastDomain Web Hosting Help
Searching a database in PhpMyAdmin
Searching through a MySQL database in phpMyAdmin
This tutorial demonstrates how to run searches through databases in phpMyAdmin.
Begin by accessing phpMyAdmin via cPanel .
- Select a database you want to search (by clicking on the database in the left column while on the phpMyAdmin home page).
- Once inside the database, a list of tables appear. Click on the Search tab.
- Once on the search tab, you can type a list of keywords you wish to search for. Each keyword is preferably separated by a comma.
- Select which way you want to search:
- At least one of the word.
- All words.
- The exact phrase.
- As regular expression.
- Select which tables you want to search within. You can select them all, select some of them, or select one. Hold down the Ctrl key on your keyboard while clicking, to select more than one table.
- You can also further narrow your results if you know exactly which column you are looking to search.
- Press the Go button.
- It will now display the results based on table.
- Click on Browse next to one of the tables to view the results.
The records matching your search will be displayed on the screen, and you can interact with them in a variety of ways such as copying, editing or deleting.
Knowledgebase Article 148,867 views bookmark
sharetags: Plesk cpanel databases mysql phpmyadmin
Share or save this via:
Recommended Help Content
A tutorial on how to perminately delete columns from your mySQL database using phpMyAdmin
Knowledgebase Article 154,193 views tags: Plesk cpanel databases mysql phpmyadmin
A step by step guide on how to manipulate data in your mySQL tables using phpMyAdmin
Knowledgebase Article 161,691 views tags: databases mysql phpmyadmin
A guide to duplicating a MySQL database using phpMyAdmin
Knowledgebase Article 206,019 views tags: databases mysql phpmyadmin
Related Help Content
How do I import a backup of my database (.sql file) using phpMyAdmin?
Knowledgebase Article 731,793 views tags: database mysql phpmyadmin
A repository of information on how you can manage your database by using the phpMyAdmin interface.
Knowledgebase Article 344,659 views tags: commands database mysql phpmyadmin
This article will show you how to rename a database table in phpMyAdmin.
Knowledgebase Article 294,196 views tags: databases mysql phpmyadmin
Instructions on adding a column to your database in phpMyAdmin
Knowledgebase Article 179,638 views tags: databases mysql phpmyadmin
A guide on performing a standard SQL query using the phpMyAdmin interface
Knowledgebase Article 163,267 views tags: databases mysql phpmyadmin
This article will explain MySQL database and user creation and deletion, and explain how to assign a user to a database.
How to Restore your MySQL Database?
How to repair and optimize your database using phpMyAdmin: