FastDomain Web Hosting Help
- Home or work machine
- Is the connection using IMAP or POP3?
Pop3 only allows 1 connection to connect at one time.
(Imap can have timeout issues if there is no recent activity.
- Is it a problem sending receiving or both?
Sending issues are normally caused by incorrect SMTP settings.
Receiving issues are normally due to incorrect usernames and/or passwords.
Please check webmail to see if unread messages exist, or can send messages.
- Are the SMTP settings correct?
Settings are normally mail.domain.com for incoming, outgoing can use either your ISP's SMTP server settings or mail.domain.com.)
- Are you using an SSL connection?
Please try with out SSL connections
- Your domain name.
- Username(s) for the affected E-mail account(s).
- Password(s) for the affected E-mail account(s).
- The amount of addresses affected, is it just 1 email account or is it all of them?
- A copy of the exact error message you're receiving.
- A complete description of the problem and when it occurs (e.g., sending, receiving, or both?)
- The E-mail client you're using (Outlook, Eudora, etc.)
Other information that can be helpful includes:
- The speed and type of your Internet connection.
- If you have access to a different ISP account, does the problem occur with that connection, too?
- Is the problem consistent or sporadic?
- When did the problem start?
- The results of a traceroute to mail.yourdomain.com, where yourdomain.com is the name of your actual domain name.
- If a blacklisted or returned email please include the full headers of that email.
- If you are unable to receive mail from your account after working through these steps, please provide an off-network e-mail address that we can reply to.
Knowledgebase Article 162,524 views bookmark
sharetags: email troubleshooting
Share or save this via:
Recommended Help Content
Trying to send out emails from multiple email accounts fail from both webmail and third party email clients. Possible Reasons: The maximum emails per hour has been exceeded. This can be caused by forw
Knowledgebase Article 541,259 views tags: email exceeded mailbox outlook quota receive receiving send sender unable
General Email issues where should I start?
Knowledgebase Article 253,818 views tags: email troubleshooting
There are a large number of emails or spam that need to be deleted from an email account.
Related Help Content
Can't send emails? Here are a few things to try.
Knowledgebase Article 131,811 views tags:
Explains how your Inbox of your Email Account may have removed your emails.
Knowledgebase Article 187,534 views tags:
Why can I not send/receive certain types of attachment?
If you find some of your emails end up your recipients Spam folder, arrive late, or sometimes don't arrive at all, this article can help you improve the deliverability of the messages you are sending.
Email is not being received when forwarded to free email services such as Gmail, Yahoo, or Hotmail and other ISP's that provide email service such as AOL, Comcast, Cox, etc. It can show completed in t
How can I change the outgoing SMTP port from 25 to 26?
How can I fix problems with Office 365 and Outlook?
Knowledgebase Article 58,958 views tags: email errors issues microsoft office productivity sara troubleshooting
How do I migrate an IMAP email account?