FastDomain Web Hosting Help
Backup Restore from previous host to FastDomain
The best way to restore a backup without using SSH is to use File Manager in the cPanel.
- Create a folder on your FastDomain account called temp1.
- Upload the tar.gz file from other hosting into the temp1 folder .
- Extract the contents of the file by clicking on the name of the file and click the Extract icon along the top bar of the File Manager. This will extract the backup into the temp1 folder.
- Move contents of the backup into the appropriate folder like the HTML files into the /public_html directory. Right click on the file/folder to select the Move option.
- If you move a folder you will need to make sure the permissions are set to 755.
Recommended Help Content
How to restore individual files or folders with the Site Backup & Restore tool
If you need to transfer or restore a cPanel account for your VPS or Dedicated server, there is a tool within the WHM panel to perform these tasks. This article is about transferring or restoring from another server or restoring after a re-image.
Knowledgebase Article 54,484 views tags: backup cpanel dedicated hosting restore server transfer vps
This article will explain how to use WordPress Tools to backup or restore your WordPress site
Related Help Content
How to restore MySQL databases using the Site Backup & Restore tool
How to backup all of your MySQL databases using the Site Backup & Restore tool
How to backup individual files or folders with the Site Backup Pro tool
How to restore Email Messages the Site Backup Pro tool
How to manage your backups using Site Backup and Restore
This article explains how to get started using CodeGuard to backup and restore your website file and database data.
What is the FastDomain backup policy? What kinds of backups are available?
Knowledgebase Article 281,807 views tags: accounts back backup backups copy expired policy restore storage