FastDomain Web Hosting Help
Can I add my own CGI scripts?
Our Linux web servers have the capability to run CGI scripts in your own "cgi-bin" directory. Scripts may be written in Perl, Python and CGI languages.
This article applies to servers using our Legacy platform. CGI is not available for Rock accounts.
Using CGI Scripts
Here are some helpful tips to follow when installing scripts:
- Upload to your cgi-bin directory to ensure proper file permission settings.
- All scripts on our server must have permissions set to 755 (rwx-rx-rx). If you need help in changing script permissions, please see our article about setting file and user permissions.
- Upload in ASCII transfer mode (and NOT BINARY mode)
- The first line of each script must read: a) #!/usr/bin/perl (for Perl) b) #!/usr/bin/python (for Python)
- Ensure the permissions are set to 755
Recommended Help Content
How to run CGI scripts for Addon domains.
Does your company have any limit about CGI script use?
What is CGI?
Knowledgebase Article 216,002 views tags: cgi
Related Help Content
I need help with my CGI script?
Do You Have Any Applications Available for Customers to Use?
Knowledgebase Article 227,154 views tags: Marketplace cgi scripts
Understanding the Basics of CGI.
Knowledgebase Article 357,382 views tags: cgi
This article will explain how to connect your scripts to your MySQL databases.
Why am I Getting File Not Found When Executing My CGI?
Knowledgebase Article 259,773 views tags: cgi
We provide a program which makes it very easy to install third party scripts to your hosting account. If you want your website to have a WordPress blog, you can use MOJO Marketplace to install WordPress.
This article explains how to add CPU and memory upgrades to a CloudSites account.
When you add the FastDomain.com form to your site and test it, you're not receiving the form results. Why not?