If you are using assistive technology and are unable to read any part of the FastDomain website, or otherwise have difficulties using the FastDomain website, please call 888-210-FAST and our customer service team will assist you.
FastDomain Web Hosting Help
FTP Setup using Dreamweaver MX 2004
File Transfer - Dreamweaver - Version MX 2004 - Connecting and Uploading
- Open DreamWeaver MX 2004. Click on Site and choose Manage Sites.
- Click the New button and choose Site.
- Under the Advanced Tab, fill in the Site name and HTTP Address (your domain name).
- Click the Remote Info category.Set Access Type to FTP.
- Make sure host is your domain name (example: mysite.com) or the IP address of the server.
- Type public_html as the host directory.
- Type in your username and password and click OK at the bottom.*
- Click Done in the Manage Sites Window.
- Now open your website and click Site and choose Put.
- Dreamweaver will upload your files to the server.
Note: The username should be the 8 character username you received in your sign up confirmation email. However if a web developer or other 3rd party is connecting to your site please create a new FTP user for the other party. Your "main" username and password should not be given out to 3rd parties who just need ftp access.
Recommended Help Content
How do I connect and upload via FTP with Dreamweaver MX?
This article explains how to publish your site through FTP on Dreamweaver 2014
Connecting and uploading via FTP with Dreamweaver CS5
Related Help Content
How do I upload my web site?
How do I setup Dreamweaver 8 for FTP?
How to use use the FTP Account tool to create additional FTP Accounts. This is useful for granting FTP access to your account without giving anyone your cPanel password.
I would like to use FileZilla how do I go about the setting it up and connecting to my site?
There are many ways that you can transfer files and folder to and from your hosting account. We highly recommend using an FTP (File Transfer Protocol) program to quickly upload and download files. We
Learn how to publish the website you have created with Adobe Dreamweaver CS5
Video "How-to" Tutorial
How do I publish my website using Microsoft Publisher 2007
I want to be able to provide an FTP link to my site that does not use Unlimited FTP or Anonymous FTP.