FastDomain Web Hosting Help
FTP Setup on Dreamweaver CC 2014
This article will explain how to publish a website using Adobe Dreamweaver CC 2014.
Adding the FTP Server
- Go to the Site menu and click on New Site.
- On the Site Setup page enter a name for this site. Then choose a folder for storing your site on your computer.
- Click Servers on the right side of the setup window.
- On the Servers page click the plus symbol or + to add a new server.
On the new server page fill out the FTP server settings.
- Server name is any name you would like to give this server.
- The "Connect Using" setting should be set to FTP
- The FTP Address is normally your domain with "ftp." added in front. If my domain was example.com I would use ftp.example.com
- Username should be your hosting account username.
- Passsword should be you hosting account password.
- The Root Directory is normally public_html if your site is hosted out of another folder use that folder.
- Web URL should be just the URL you access the site from.
- Click the test button to make sure the settings work and make any corrections if needed.
- Click Save.
- You should see the server in the list of servers for the site now. Click Save.
Publishing The Files
After you have followed the steps for Adding the FTP Server its simple to publish the site.
- Go To the Site menu and click on Put.
- Click yes if it asks you to publish dependent files.
Thats It! You will see a progress box indicating it is publishing your files. When finished it will go away automatically.
Knowledgebase Article 114,275 views bookmark
sharetags: cc dreamweaver ftp
Share or save this via:
Recommended Help Content
How do I connect and upload via FTP with Dreamweaver MX?
Knowledgebase Article 226,419 views tags: dreamweaver ftp
How do I connect and upload via FTP with Dreamweaver MX 2004?
Knowledgebase Article 207,018 views tags: dreamweaver ftp
Connecting and uploading via FTP with Dreamweaver CS5
Knowledgebase Article 445,325 views tags: dreamweaver ftp
Related Help Content
What are the publish settings for Web Easy Professional ?
Knowledgebase Article 255,182 views tags: easy ftp professional publish web
How do I setup Dreamweaver 8 for FTP?
Knowledgebase Article 218,736 views tags: client configure dream file information party program protocol set setup steps transfer
I would like to use FileZilla how do I go about the setting it up and connecting to my site?
Knowledgebase Article 878,894 views tags: client configure file filezilla ftp party set settings setup zilla
Learn how to publish the website you have created with Adobe Dreamweaver CS5
Video "How-to" Tutorial 278,898 views tags: dreamweaver
How do I upload my web site?
How to use use the FTP Account tool to create additional FTP Accounts. This is useful for granting FTP access to your account without giving anyone your cPanel password.
Video "How-to" Tutorial 1,070,218 views tags: account accounts cpanelutilities ftp login publish upload
How do I publish my Web site using Publisher?
You have invested a significant amount of time creating and perfecting your website, and you're ready to publish it for the world to see! Are you really though? Use this checklist to ensure your site is ready for publication.
Knowledgebase Article 55,691 views tags: checklist guide list practice publication publish site website