FastDomain Web Hosting Help
How To Reset MySQL Database User & Password
If you forgot the password to your MySQL database user, you must create a new user with a new password, and then assign that user to the database. Do not worry, this will not erase or change any of the data in your database.
Create a New User
- Log in to your FastDomain cPanel account.
- Click the MySQL Databases icon under the Databases category.
- Locate the MySQL Users section of the MySQL Databases tool. To quickly find this section, click Jump to MySQL Users.
- Under Add New User, enter a username.
Note: The username must be 7 letters or shorter.
- Enter a password in the Password field.
- Retype the password in the Password (Again) field.
- Click Create User.
Assign New User to Database
- Under "Add User to Database", select the newly created user from the User drop-down menu.
- From the Database drop-down menu, select the existing database to which you need the password reset.
- Click Add.
- From the MySQL Account Maintenance screen, select the privileges you wish to grant the user, or select ALL PRIVILEGES.
- Click Make Changes.
Re-configuring your code
Now that you have a new user and password for your database, you will need to update your configuration file. Update the file to reflect the new database username and password and your site should now be working as it was before.
Instead of resetting your password, you may be able to find the existing password in your configuration file. If you are not sure where your configuration file is, check this list of different scripts to find its location: Location of Script Configuration Files