FastDomain Web Hosting Help
Managed WordPress (Beta) FAQ
- Why is this product marked "Beta" and what does that mean for my website?
- What is managed WordPress?
- What resources are measured when calculating my managed WordPress bill?
- What happens when I go over my visitor & storage resources?
- What are the top features of managed WordPress?
Why is this product marked "Beta" and what does that mean for my website?
This product is marked beta because we’re still testing and improving the interface. Security and performance elements have already passed third-party testing and meet our stringent guidelines. Customers who participate in the beta version will probably see changes and updates in the user interface over the next 3 – 6 months as we improve the experience.
What is managed WordPress?
Our managed WordPress platform is a fully-managed WordPress hosting environment, which means you can stay focused on building your website with content that is unique to you while we handle the daily maintenance of your server and the applications that keeps your website running strong.
What resources are measured when calculating my managed WordPress bill?
Each managed WordPress plan comes with a recommended allowance of resources. There is an allowance for the number of visitors and an allowance for storage. Visitors are measured by unique IPs your site receives. Storage is calculated by the maximum amount of disk space used by your website at any time during your billing cycle. The Resource Overview in your account helps you monitor your usage directly in the FastDomain dashboard.
What happens when I go over my visitor & storage resources?
Our goal is to support your website so that you do not experience performance degradation if your site goes over your plan's limits. At the moment, if your plan exceeds your resource limits nothing will immediately happen, as long as your usage falls within the Terms of Service of FastDomain. In the future, if your site exceeds those resources, we will recommend that you upgrade to a new plan.
What are the top features of managed WordPress?
- Marketing Center — Manage your SEO, Social Media and Email traffic channels all in one dashboard. Monitor the performance of your website and marketing efforts from the same dashboard.
- Detailed Analytics — Monitor your website traffic performance on a daily, weekly, or yearly basis. Already use Google Analytics? You can easily integrate your existing Google Analytics account into the Marketing Center to view your traffic channels.
- Improved Site Speed — All managed WordPress servers are built with Solid State Drives (SSDs) meaning your website outperforms websites hosted on traditional HDD servers. We do not oversubscribe the number of users on these servers, meaning more of the server’s resources are available to you when you need it. With managed WordPress, you can enjoy the fastest WordPress hosting available.
- Fully Managed — Managed WordPress hosting means you enjoy automatic updates to your WordPress install as well as automatic updates to the server environment so that your website is always on the fastest and most stable technology stack available.