FastDomain Web Hosting Help
Redirecting Web Page
This tutorial will how you how to use the Redirects tool which will allow you to redirect your domain names. This can be useful if you need to temporarily take a website down or direct visitors to a new website location.
Navigate to the Redirects page
- Login to your FastDomain cPanel account.
- Click the Domains tab, near the top of the page.
- Click the redirect sub-tab.
301 or 302 Redirect
From the add redirect menu, you will need to choose which type of redirect to use.
- Permanent 301: A 301 redirect will update the visitors bookmarks and direct search engines to the new site.
- Temporary 302: A 302 redirect will redirect the visitor or search engine, but will not update the bookmark and the search engine will continue to index to the original page.
Url to Redirect
- Choose your domain name you would like to redirect, using the drop-down menu.
- If you would like to redirect a single page or directory; you can use the text field following the drop-down menu to enter the name of the folder or file.
Enter the full URL of the page you will be redirecting to in the "redirects to ->" text field.
Note: You need to enter the protocol as well, e.g. http://, https:// or ftp://
WWW Redirect options
Select if you will be redirecting www. or not.
- "Only redirect with www."This option will only redirect visitors that use www. as part of the URL
- "Redirect with or without www."This option will redirect all visitors.
- "Do Not Redirect www."This option will not redirect visitors that use www. as part of the URL
Wild Card Redirect
- Click the "Wild Card Redirect' if you would like to redirect to the same file on the new destination.
Example: www.example.com redirects to www.example-destination.com
- With "Wild Card Redirect": www.example.com/about.html will redirect to www.example-destination.com/about.html
- Without "Wild Card Redirect": www.example.com/about.html will redirect to www.example-destination.com
- Click the "Add" button to create the redirect.
Video "How-to" Tutorial 559,229 views bookmark
sharetags: cpanel cpanelutilities domain forward redirect
Share or save this via:
Recommended Help Content
How do I create a redirect?
How do I redirect users to another page using PHP?
The redirection of www.yourdomain.com/default.html or index.html to http://www.yourdomain.com/index.php?act=whatever redirects it to http://www.yourdomain.com/index.php%3fact=whatever In other words,
Knowledgebase Article 997,660 views tags: htaccess messing mod php redirect redirects rewrite variable variables
Related Help Content
If suddenly when you go to your page, you get nothing on the page. You can still get HTML to display, just not PHP. To serve HTML pages to browsers, we don't associate the Apache processes with your 2
I would like to view the statistics for my website.
Knowledgebase Article 315,702 views tags: addon domain enable hits set setup statistics stats subdomain visitors web
This article will show a way to protect specific pages of your website with SSL. This may have benefits for SEO and can be used on pages that contain forms, shopping carts or any other page where users might enter sensitive information.
How do I make a sub directory (or sub folder) act as the public_html for your main domain?
How do I perform a URL redirect/rewrite using the .htaccess file?
As the registrar, we will assist in the following domain dispute, providing the specific criteria is met. The domain has been moved without the domain owner's consent by means of the password or EPP c
Knowledgebase Article 331,328 views tags: dispute domain epp icann moved owners ownership permission policy proof
This article will explain how to access and use the Web Disk and cPanel as well as explain variations for different operating systems.
Learn how the Cron Job tool can help you automate the scripts on your web site.
Video "How-to" Tutorial 322,221 views tags: cpanelutilities cron